10 Unique Wedding Invites That Push the Envelope

The below 10 unique wedding invites are the reasons why I fell in love with the wonderful world of weddings. The amount of talent and creativity in the wedding industry is seriously freaking amazing. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time.

Get ready for some major inspiration highs:

#1 Film roll wedding invites {by Ambient Studios}.

filmrollinvites

#2 Printed handkerchief wedding maps {by Kelli Anderson}.

handerchiefinvite

#3 Tea towel wedding invites {by The Original Wedding Tea Towel}.

#4 Button save the date {by The Indigo Bunting}.

buttoninvite

#5 Letterpress airplane ticket save the date {by Swell Creative}.

ticketinvites

#6 Message in a bottle wedding invites {by The Original Message in a Bottle Shop}.

bottle

#7 Muslin bags & wood tags wedding invites {by Oh Hello Friend}.

muslinbaginvite

#8 Balloon wedding invites {by L’Office Optimiste}

ballooninvite

#9 Origami DIY wedding invites {by Amy Moss}. See my previous post about them here.

origamiinvite

#10 Tree ring wheel DIY wedding invites {by Burning House SF}

Wedding Wheels invitation templates

Which of these do you think takes the cake?

Related posts:

About Ann {Swoon}

Hi! I'm Ann, cofounder of Love Olio and ardent aficionado of fun and unique weddings. Join me in discovering swoon-worthy wedding design, decor, and style ideas - all sure to spark your creativity!
Cross-indexed in Pretty Paperie.

42 Responses to 10 Unique Wedding Invites That Push the Envelope

1. Nhu-Chi Tran says:

wow these are crazy creative! if my guest list was like 10-20 I’d totally do something creative like these…the tree stump is my fave!

2. Hard to choose a favorite, but I absolutely love the film rolls! What a creative idea!

3. Caroline says:

I totally ♥ the balloon invites! How cool! X

4. I’m actually blushing because that ideas are so cute! But I really prefer the the film roles and the ones on the bottle. As it can serve as a souvenir at the same time and my guests can even use it for decorations for their houses. Super unique no doubt!

5. Pingback: Unique Wedding Invitations «

6. Amma says:

The balloon! *sigh*

7. The balloon is totally clever, but would the guests have to blow it up to read it? Haha. I really love the printed handkerchief too, totally useful :) .

8. Pingback: Envy never looked so good! Beyond Beyond | Beyond Beyond

9. Lauren says:

So adorable! I love the message in a bottle, so meaningful and unique. And I’d love to use the origami invites for other occasions as well.

10. Joel Manahan says:

Film, Message in a Bottle and Origami seem to me the most creative while at the same time decorative. The film one especially is good for reminding people to bring cameras, The Bottle’s the best for beach weddings and the Origami is easy to put in your pocket or hang on the wall or door handle to remember the date and makes you feel less guilty when you throw it away after months have passed.

11. Andrea says:

Love, love, love the film invitations! so cute! xo

12. Pingback: Wedding Maps, Neckties, Alternative Altars & Dress History | Bridal Banter Blog

13. these are all really nice and creative for invitations

14. Lisa says:

Where can I find more ideas like this?

15. Palmettogrrl says:

Found u thru stumble… Love the message in a bottle invites!

16. Such fun ideas! I love the handkerchief ones – so cute!

17. Jong Java says:

What a smart ideas. Actually I amaze with the last design.

18. I love these ideas! The film canisters have to be one of my favs. So unique and creative.

19. Very clever. I can’t decide which one I like best. I love them all!

20. The tree ring one is just too amaze.

21. deema says:

Wooow thaaats sooo creaative i love them all but if i was asked to choose one i’ll choose message in a bottle :D

22. bri says:

All are very cool, however #1,5,6,9 i can narrow down to my fav!

23. Amanda says:

The airline ticket invite is the cutest I have ever seen! Especially if it is a destination wedding… What a great idea!

24. Cari says:

My cousin did the airline ticket invitation for his destination wedding in Jaimaca!

25. I love the letter press airplane tickets, so appropriate for those getting married abroad. There are some great ideas here to help make a wedding unique.

26. Pingback: That Ain’t Yo Mama’s Wedding Announcement « Marshall Lately

27. I am loving those balloon invites. you could use these for promotional events as well which is what I have got them in mind for.

28. mpfm says:

film roll wedding invitation are the best. i love it

29. sparklers says:

I love the film roll!! I think that would be such a neat way to surprise those who haven’t heard about a wedding yet :D Definitely going to leave an impression!!

30. i can narrow down to my fav!

31. simran says:

I love these ideas! The film canisters have to be one of my favs.
    online shopping

32. These are beautiful! I love the spinner invite – so creative!

33. Becka says:

Wow.. This is the real creativity..

34. Crystal Couture says:

Some great ideas here x

35. Jim Adams says:

Great selection, thanks for these!

36. Claire says:

Pretty cool! I love the message in a bottle, but I’m not sure about shipping

37. Pingback: Personalised Balloons

38. WOW ,
    envelope with invitation very gorgeous.

39. Thanks forr any other informative site. Where else may just
    I get that type of ifo written in such a perfect manner?
    I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I’ve bee on tthe look
    out for such info.

40. Lis G. says:

Love the invitation ideas. Super adorable.

41. Howdy! This aticle couldn’t be written much better!

Looking att this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He
    constantly kept preachong about this. I most certainly will sernd this post to him.
    Fairly certain he’s going to have a good read.
    Thank you for sharing!